Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan

Go down 
+3
Danny
Steve
a2kcollett
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-11

A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Empty
PostSubject: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 am

This is a log just to track the progress of workouts and nutrition log.

Stats

weight : 302lbs
Body fat % : 36.9%
Bmi : 40.0

First of my weekly routine is

Monday - 4pm Workout.
Tuesday - Rest.
Wednesday - Wake up Interval training. (punchbag)
Thursday - 4pm Workout
Friday - Wake up Interval training (running)
Saturday - 4pm workout (i also regually play squash in the day with my best mate)
Sunday - Wake up Interval training (punchbag)

I started nutrition on Saturday as Friday is my shopping day.

At the moment I am waiting for my potein powder Promax to arrive so my nutrition so far consisted of.
Monday
1 = lean steak, boiled egg, banana 2 = chicken with red and yellow peppers 3 = steak and pilau rice with onion and an apple 4 = mince with sweet potato and spinach mash 5 = Post workout meal I was nakered and didnt want to cook so I had some tuna and a boiled egg I had boiled before and a orange.

Tuesday
1 = cherios (as havn't bought oats yet as I can get a big bag from my local wholesalers) and lean steak 2 = steak and peppers with onion and a apple 3 = steak and pilau rice with a boiled egg white. (lol needed to use up the steak) 4 = Will be having mince and the remaining sweet potato mash with some more spinach. 5 = on my break at work I will have a egg salad.

I will update what i had over the weekend later and update this post with information of my workout as I am in a lecture now and it has just finished lol.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2kcollett.co.nr
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 pm

well heres the conclusion to opening as I have just arrived back from work.

My sunday consisted of interval training and work (9 hours fun).

My meal plan for sunday was

1 = multigrain and a bananna 2 = chicken and pilau rice 3 = tuna salad 4 = steak and sweet potato spinach mash 5 = egg white pilau rice.

I decided as I enjoy hitting the punch bag I would use this as my interval training for sunday. It was a good session I dynamically warmed up then completed all interval sets and by the end I was nakered but felt great my meals I prepared in morning and mid day. All in all Sunday was a good day except work.

My first day of the workout 1 began yesterday on monday

My meal plan is above. I arrived back from college ate my 4th meal and prepared my garage / gym. As my pull up bar I had bought had not arrived at the time so I decided to do pull down instead.

I began the press up and realised "god I weigh alot" I was able to do 20 without break then began squat. This is when I realised I had forgotten to warm up Mad in all the excitement I had forgotten to warm up, as I was already feeling pretty stretched from setting up I just continued the squats on the minute break I decided to pace back and forth while dynamically stretching. I did this between all the first supersets. on set 1 and 2 I was able to complete all 20 reps of each, on the 3rd set i reach 15 pushups and 20 squat.

Superset 2 with the lunge and pull down. By now I was feeling the overall burn however on all sets I completed all 20 reps on each leg of lunge however completed 20 pull down on set 1 15 on set 2 and 15 on set 3 with a few pauses.

Superset 3 by now I was in agony I really began to realise how outta shape I had become I completed all 20 burpees (well if you could call them that more zombiefied) on set 1 and 2 and only 15 on 3rd set and only lasted 20secs in plank on each set.

went inside ate meal five had a shower then went off to uni night course.

All in all im happy with the amount I did however anoyed at myself for forgetting warm up also not lasting as long as I wanted on plank.

I am looking forward to Thursday for round 2 also have my pull up bar however not sure if I can even manage 1. cheers
Back to top Go down
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Excellent work man, keep pushing hard and the results will come in no time
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:01 am

Looks good, Aaron.. Keep it up!.. Have you seen the alternative pull-ups on Arnels site? - Check 'em out!

We will have those abs showing by the end of the 16 weeks, no doubt about it.. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Pete T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pete T

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Warming up   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 am

Your not alone with forgetting to warm up properly i did the same. Mad But we will get it right, and the results will be worth it. Keep up the good work.

Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://thesixpackjourney.blogspot.com/
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 7:32 am

Nicely done Aaron. Keep up posted like this so we can help you out, even tho your doing a great job yourself.

By the way, i love your pic Razz everytime i see it all i think about is you saying
"What the F*CK are you looking at.... MOTHERF*CKER !!?"
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 pm

cheers guys for all the comments and help.

Lol manny its more like "ahh how do I get this camera to work ... ahh im falling into the mirror"

Today went great, woke up nice and early all ready for day 3.

My meal plan consisted of.

1 = muligrain with bannana in skim milk. I had for the first time 3 x egg whites. 2 = turkey steak and pilau rice (bought boil in a bag version as alot easier to cook however I couldn't find brown rice) 3 = Chicken salad. 4 = beef steak and remaining rice. 5 = salmon salad.

My interval training I decided to do in mid afternoon was punchbag. ( I recommend to tape the bag with duct tape around the chin height and make the side and stomach. This helps getting correct punching height. On of my problems i had when i first started punchbag a year ago was I kept hitting very low on the bag not by choice. By having the chin height it helps bring the punching level up while creating aim and power to vital areas).

As I was in a rush I was very focused and blitzed through the routine without a single problem.

When i arrived back from work at 9pm I discovered I had recieved my promax protein powder so that will be incorperated in my nutrition tommorow.

Only thing left to arrive is my woody bands which hopefully will come tommorow in time for my 2nd workout routine. At the moment my pictures im unable to get from my phone to my comp as my previous bluetooth dongle isnt vista compatible. I will work on my blog tommorow night as it my day off from work and only have 2 lessons at college in the morning.

Cheers to everyones responses any interesting recipes would be muchly appriciated also if any one has any way of more portable meals as im quite a busy person and finding it hard to settle down and eat food which isnt easy to hold. (example use to be a sandwich) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Hey man! Good job! Keep that motivation and stay focused as you are, and chances of success will be sky high!

By the way, thanks for the tip on the punching bag. I'll be getting one this week and i will sure do what you suggest.
Take care man.
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am

well today was my 2nd day of resistance training dun dun durrrr.

Meal plan

1= oat porridge with scoop of strawberry promax. (wasn’t cooked well as I was half asleep)
2 = chicken salad + apple
3 = roast potato with lettuce and salmon
4 = 2 scoops of Promax while working out (it says 200ml of water per scoop but its so small) post work steak and lettuce.
5 = fish with mix veg and peas.
6 = blueberries and cottage cheese (I have decided after reading up on meals before bed as i've always known this to be a bad thing, however the info I read stated cottage cheese was brilliant as high in protein and preserves the muscle over the night. Due to this im incorporating the 6th meal only on resistance training days)

Resistance training

When I went into garage (aka the gym as all my equiment is in there) I was really worried as my legs had been hurting since first session however decided to work through it.

My first thing I tested was my pull up bar and woody band to see if I could do the pull up. Unfortunately not I think I bought the wrong strength band as mine it same weight as arnels in the pull up help video. I decided this didn’t matter as in a few weeks id be able to do pull ups all over again.

This time I remembered to warm up before the training, I spent time dynamically warming up and legs just stopped hurting.

My first superset routine the press up and squat went brilliant I was more surprised then anything, that my legs didn’t give in.

My second superset the lunge and pull down (instead of pull up read above). This went great again no problems realised my left leg is a bit weaker then my right though as it started burning a lot earlier then the right.

My third superset the burpees and plank. This time my burpees were fine and not zombie fied both feet together. The plank I still need to work on but I believe its mainly due to big shift in weight that im not use to it yet however pulled off 25 seconds straight each time.

warmed down and ate my post meal.

Main thing I need to focus on is the recovery time as I once got told being fit is not what you can do in at one given time its being able to do that and then be recovered enough within a few minutes to do it all over again.

Im still having problems getting the pictures from my phone to my computer as soon as this is done ill upload onto my blog and actually write on it lol.
Back to top Go down
Pete T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pete T

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:58 am

Hi Aaron, i had the same worry with my legs Hurting, i got some deep heat cream and rubbed it in prior to warm up, found it realy helped. A heart rate monitor is realy good for keeping an eye on recovery times, and monitoring your improvement as time goes on, they are quit cheap from argos. Keep up the good work.

Pete.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Steve

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 am

I've always wanted to get a heart rate monitor to see if I'm overtraining or not, guess I just procrastinated so much that I forgot all about it. Might go out and purchase one this weekend
Back to top Go down
Danny
Danny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 am

Does anyone know a site, where you can type in your stats and find out what your heart rate should be when resting? - I'm buying one today.. Smile
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:34 am

Heres a chart http://www.netfit.co.uk/ty13.htm I think its not so much as weight but lifestyle type which helps work it out.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Steve

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 am

Now I'm super keen to get a heart rate monitor to see where I stand on that chart
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm

just a quick post today as fridays are my busy day work till 10pm

meal
1= oatmeal and promax shake
2= 2 1/2 boild egg whites and apple and bananna
3= Chicken with pepper, mixed herbs and lettuce o and a orange.
4= white fish with mix veg and peas
5= steak and basmati rice with an apple (o by the way me being dumb have realised its basmati not pilau so ive bought some brown rice now Sad )

today was interval training was meant to run however weather is still horendous andI dont want to start my running on a bad note so I went on punch bag again this time I did the interval training however had so much energy I stayed on bareknuckled for another 20mins just practicing new techniques at quite a high rate.

went shopping and got lots of different fish (mackrels, sardines, salmon and prawns) so that'll be nice. Cant wait for resistance training tommorow
Back to top Go down
Danny
Danny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 am

That's the way to go, Aaron.. I'm glad to see, that you are doing great..

Keep it up, champ!.. Smile - Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, mate..
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 am

Go Aaron! cheers
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:11 pm

hey sorry I havnt posted in 2 days.

Well as I have 2 days to catch up with ill split it 2.

1 = oatmeal + promax
2 = turkey, currie bean and lettuce in a corn tortilla.
3 = Sardines, rice with healthy living lemon and black pepper sauce.
4 = Sipped on promax during workout. White egg omelete, lettuce and currie beans. (postworkout)
5 = steak with lettuce in a corn tortilla.
6 = cottage cheese and strawberries.

The last workout of week was killing I have no idea why but was by far the hardest, I believe one main reason is I sped up the time between sets to the recommended 1 minute unlike the just when I can style of before. Either way I was able to complete it still unable to complete plank to max or all reps however pushed to as much as I could.

Felt great afterwards and glad week 1 resistance was over.
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: END OF WEEK 1 WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Well last day today of week 1

1 = oatmeal with promax within.
2 = Sardines, rice with healthy living lemon and black pepper sauce.
3 = Chicken and lettuce corn tortilla.
4 = Baked potato with cabbage, peas and turkey breast with a honey and mustad healthy living sauce.
5 = Prawn lettuce in 1000 island healthy living sauce.
6 = Cottage cheese and a orange.

The interval training went great really high intensity. Im just glad ive done week one bit annoyed I havnt been able to complete all reps but dies wise its going great.

As you can see above ive got alot of sauces im going to post a thread in diet and nutrition about this with links to see all of your opinions.

states

Weight : 298lb
Body fat % : 36.3
Bmi : 39.5

So. loss of 4lb Smile and drop in body fat % of 0.6 so all in all a good 1st week.

Next week the same if not better.
Back to top Go down
Pete T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pete T

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am

Hi Aaron,
You’ve done really well in the past week especially with the diet, which is a major part of the program. Keep it up and you will really be going places getting fitter, stronger and leaner as time goes by.

Keep up the good work
Pete
Back to top Go down
Danny
Danny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 am

Changing of your eating habbits is 2/3s of the battle towards a leaner body... You're doing great!.. I bet, we are gonna see a great result from you over the next couple of weeks.

Stay strong! Smile
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Hey sorry I havnt posted this week havnt had alot of time due to busy schedule when I have spare time I'll do a detailed log for week 2 however still going strong stats.

weight = 293lb
Bodyfat = 35.6%
bmi = 38.9

Im estatic with the results. Loss of 5lb and 0.7% drop.

As I said ill look through all other posts on this forum and respond probably tommorow.

Aaron
Back to top Go down
Pete T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pete T

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:29 am

glad to know all is going well Aaron, Keep up the good work.

just do it
Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sean Ryan
Admin
Admin
Sean Ryan

Number of posts : 389

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 am

Woop Woop! Well done mate! 5lb loss is amazing! Keep it up! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://6paforum.forumotion.com
Danny
Danny

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am

Way to go, Aaron.. cheers - Friggen great job! - I'm glad to see you progressing like this!

Keep working, champ!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan   A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A2kcollett - workout and nutrition plan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next