Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedForty

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi all,
I was an original participant of the first 6pack ab challenge, but I dropped out by week 6 because of life getting in the way, holidays, and excuses like that.
When I started, I couldn't do a single pullup, but by week 6, i could do 10 in a row. I made a lot of progress in that time, so now I'm at it again. I'm committing to the 16 weeks again with the intent on following through.

But, for reasons I cannot explain, I'm getting severely nauseous before I even get to the burpees. Is it that I'm just that far out of shape? I don't remember feeling this way the first time. But when I started back then, I was running 2 miles every other day. I've become quite stationary since then.

Is this normal? Should I just push through it?

Thanks,
-RedForty
Back to top Go down
Sean Ryan
Admin
Admin
Sean Ryan

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:25 am

Hi Redforty,

Glad to see you are back in action!

Question: How long before you trained did you eat? One thing you will need to remember is that Burpees can be seen as working you CV fitness as well because of the rapid movements and strain on the body. So if you ate before hand you might feel it come up again.

If that isn't the case then i am really not sure, Personally i would push through it (with a bucket close by) but if it does continue then i suggest speaking to your doctor.

Sorry i can't be more help mate,

Work hard and the results will show!

Sean
Back to top Go down
https://6paforum.forumotion.com
RedForty

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, Sean!

I believe it was about 5 hours before working out that I ate a PB&J sandwich. I drink plenty of water through the day, too.

It might have just been my body not being used to the immediate stress of the workout. I stretch a bit before hand though.

Tomorrow, I'll just push through it and see how it goes. For tonight, I'm going to try the HIIT.

Thanks again! And thanks for the inspiration!
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
Xavi

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:24 am

5 hours before?? Shocked Shocked

And you're still wondering why you got nauseous?? Shocked Shocked

Dude...you should eat every 2 hours...and as for me..I eat 30 minutes (not a big amount of food) before I do the workouts! Wink

5 hours is too much time without eating..and even more when you're doing a workout! scratch

Fix this and you'll be fine Wink
Back to top Go down
RedForty

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 am

Eat every 2 hours?

I have a question about this. If I were to eat like this, technically I would never need a full meal since all I would be doing is snacking throughout the day. Is this correct?
I mean, the portions are the size of what, like an apple and a handful of almonds?
It'd be crazy difficult to change the way I even think about food consumption.

I usually don't eat dinner before working out because after I eat, I feel 'full' for hours. I don't like feeling food&water sloshing around in me while I work out. ;-)

Oh, and as an update, I did the HIIT last night with no negative effects. I'm just gonna keep track of it.

Thanks for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 am

Hey Red, how you doing bro?
I did a little research for you about the small meals instead than 3 huge ones.

"By eating frequently you achieve the following:
1. Eating frequently prevents hunger pangs and curbs over eating.
2. Eating more often keeps your metabolism working quickly so you burn calories more efficiently.
3. Food is also absorbed more efficiently and quickly when we eat regularly.

In affect you will feel healthier and have more energy as you will be using your metabolism as nature intended.
This is what healthy dieting is all about: Creating the ultimate conditions to burn fat, in the most efficient way and never feeling hungry."

"The principle behind having small frequent meals is to maintain a steady supply of sugar/glucose in the body, thus preventing the large falls and rises of blood sugar associated with the traditional three large meals a day. The regulation of blood sugar is controlled within our body by the hormone insulin and a sudden large rise in blood sugar promotes its production. Insulin is associated with the storage of fat."

If your interested in some more info, here's the links i got it from:
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/wtmngment/diets/articles/0,,249_541380,00.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Healthy-Dieting:-Eat-5-Meals-a-Day-and-Lose-Weight!&id=143110
(the second link wont work if you click. try copy/pasting the whole line)

Hope this helps, and welcome to the group! king
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?   Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nauseous half way through the week1 workout - Normal?
Page 1 of 1