Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Workout Log KinKyJ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:37 am

I already followed Arnel's tips 'n' tricks in the past, but a close encounter with a scale a week ago made me join this forum and set some goals for the next 6 months... Since my girlfriend moved in with me in Sept, I've gained 22 pounds (I guess sex makes you fat, lol). The short term aim is to get rid of the love handles in a month or so and then I'm tackling the 16 weeks...

Anyways, my weekplan atm is as follows:

Monday: Workout at the gym (chest/back)

Tuesday: Thaibox training (2hrs)

Wednesday: Workout at the gym (bi/triceps)

Thursday: Thaibox training (2hrs)

Friday: Workout at the gym (shoulders/legs)

Saturday: Thaibox training (2hrs)

Sunday: rest

More info soon
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Sounds great man! ThaiBox is probably a great 'cardio' option, and weightlifting will make those muscles show up!

Just 2 sugestions,

1. Try to implement some abs routine at least 2 days a week. Just a 10 minutes abs workout can really make a difference.

2. Even tho your not following Arnel's 16week guideline at the moment, try your best to follow the eating tips/habits. Thats the most important and effective way to loose those love handles.

Again great work with the schedule. Stick to it 100% and i put my money you will get really nice results fast. king
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Thaiboxing is indeed a great cardio workout, that's why I'm not planning any 10 mile runs at the moment (also because the weather is too fugly and I hate treadmills/crosswalkers/hometrainers). But it does more than that: actually boxing is a one stop shop solution. It improves your speed, agility, strength, endurance, ... Even though I've just picked it up again after being non active in the ring for 2 years, I'm getting my V shape back again and the "low fat areas" (shoulders, arms, lower legs) are getting pretty ripped again. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to burn the fat off his body and soul in "no time" and is willing to suffer for it Wink

As for the abs routines: that's standard included in my warm ups both at the gym as at box training. I know it's a bitch to do those exercises, that's why I force myself to do them in the beginning.

You've got a good point when it comes to diet. I don't drink coke or soda, but I need to cut down dramatically on the alcohol. I take my carbs in the morning and protein rich food in the evening, so that's good too. I just need to make a habbit out of eating 6 times a day a small portion instead of the 3 classics meals. Kinda hard though when work is very demanding.
Back to top Go down
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Right, just came back from boxing and I've upped the pain a bit. I bought wristbands of a kilo each in order to make the shadow boxing burn a tad harder. Good tip for any of you who shadow box for cardio...
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:37 pm

Im still pending to buy the god damn punching bag...
its very dificult to get one here. But im sure i'll be asking for those wristbands when i found one.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:30 am

That's a killer idea, im going to do some shadow boxing for Week 5 HIIT, shot boss!
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:15 am

I think that I'm gonna join the boxing team at my gym on Thursdays to do that as HIIT.. My Mrs. is on that team with one of her friends and both of the girls have told me that it's friggen hard, even the guys on the team are sweating their arses off.. I think I'm gonna do it.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:18 am

Manny wrote:
Im still pending to buy the god damn punching bag...
its very dificult to get one here. But im sure i'll be asking for those wristbands when i found one.

Thanks for the info.
Go old school Manny: you don't need to buy a "real" heavy bag. A potato bag filled with sand will do the trick just fine. C'mon, you've got great sand in the Dominican (Punta Cana for instance).

When you do heavy bag routines at home, set a timer and do routines for three mins with one min rest in between. Great cardio. The great thing about heavy bag routines is that you can punch/kick as hard as you can. That's something you can't do with a sparring partner.

If you can't box (I mean, if you don't have the technique), it's a good idea to join up with a group. It's important to learn the propper technique in order to let your entire body work. Remember: a puch doesn't start at the swing, it starts at your foot!

To end up today's post, here's a training video from Mirdi Limani, an Albanian welterweight champ. Fecking beast!

Back to top Go down
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

Wow.. That guy is awesome.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Workout Log KinKyJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workout Log KinKyJ   Workout Log KinKyJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workout Log KinKyJ
Page 1 of 1