Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

workout on an empty stomach

Go down 
+2
Manny
SubZero
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SubZero
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
SubZero

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-10

workout on an empty stomach Empty
PostSubject: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 am

Cardiovascular exercise performed first thing in the morning on an empty stomach burns more fat than any other time.

The reason why is because insulin levels are at their lowest and glucagon levels are at their highest.

This encourages your body to draw on its fat reserves for fuel.

If you work out after eating, your body will use this food for fuel instead.

Exercising first thing in the morning also helps kick-start your metabolism so you'll burn more calories during the rest of the day.

I do about 10 to 15 mins of cardio before work to kick-start my metabolism for the day.

hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22987376@N06/sets/72157603807495959
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:56 am

Whoa! Thats great info right there. I will wait for some feedback from the rest of the members before i start doing that but so far i like that idea a lot Very Happy

Nicely done man! Thanks. king
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm

I try not to exercise on an empty stomach personally, i guess I would be able to do cardio on empty. But for me when it comes to resistance training, i want to hit those weights with all I've got. And I know from real time trial and error that I can only perform at my peak performance if I have something in my stomach.

Basically eating approximately an hour before working out will provide your body with the energy it needs to perform at it's best. I find if I don't get my meal in before the workout I just feel sluggish and don;t really feel like hitting it hard.

If you want maximum fat burning effects from cardio try doing your cardio straight after your resistace training. By doing that your body basically has no choice but to burn fat for fuel because you have used up all or most of your glycogen stores during your resistance training.

Hope that Helps
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
SubZero
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
SubZero

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Only Cardio i suggest doing this with.

When you wake in the morning even just 10 to 15 mins to kick-start your methabolism for day.

It could be a light jog to work or a cycle or hit the treadmill at home before you prepare your breakfast.

I take advantage of this at the weekend when i have work off and do my interval training on saturday before i eat my breakfast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22987376@N06/sets/72157603807495959
kashoojii
kashoojii

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:42 am

Steve wrote:
I try not to exercise on an empty stomach personally, i guess I would be able to do cardio on empty. But for me when it comes to resistance training, i want to hit those weights with all I've got. And I know from real time trial and error that I can only perform at my peak performance if I have something in my stomach.

Basically eating approximately an hour before working out will provide your body with the energy it needs to perform at it's best. I find if I don't get my meal in before the workout I just feel sluggish and don;t really feel like hitting it hard.

If you want maximum fat burning effects from cardio try doing your cardio straight after your resistace training. By doing that your body basically has no choice but to burn fat for fuel because you have used up all or most of your glycogen stores during your resistance training.

Hope that Helps
Steve

i agree with that. i am doing cadio for one week after my resistace training and i can see the results. It rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 am

I like that info steve very much similar to everything ive been taught from rugby.

In response to the original thread this is very confusing topic but ill state what ive learnt from own personal experiences of cardio.

fact 1 = cardio in the morning is alot harder then any other time of day, scientific reason for this is due to the fact you are burning fat and not calories from a previous meal

fact 2 = never do resistance training on an empty stomach it will appear harder but also it wont be as effective, main reason for this is after training your muscles are looking for protein to rebuld the muscle and as a meal takes aprox 20mins to be digested the intial build is often missed.

vague memory 3 = I remeber being taught about latic acid build up in muscle is more prone on an empty stomach.

But anyways the human body is a very clever system and if you are constantly doing cardio on an empty stomach your body will react. First it will break down fat to energy, after a while the body will believe it in a staving environment and store any avalible food as fat and become more effective at slowing down the breakdown of fat and people often reach the stuck in the rut situation of constatly cardio to shift the weight but it just wont budge.

By all facts cardio in morning is good but its a case of not letting the body become a survival machine (I think this is why I shot up so much weight so quickly after stopping all cardio as my body was still in survival mode). I read on a mens health forum of start stop interval so cardio in the morning for a while then in night and rotating each week confusing the body.

lol again sorry for long post just had alot of lectures and read alot when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2kcollett.co.nr
a2kcollett
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
a2kcollett

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:41 am

soz just waned to double check info I just said and found this long info on the whole subject

http://www.musclebomb.com/cardio_empty_stomach.html

Knew it was something detrimental to muscle mass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2kcollett.co.nr
Scorpion
Scorpion

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: diet   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:08 pm

If you are getting to much carbohydrates in your diet it is a very good idea when u get up in the morning to do 15 mins with a skipping rope,on an empty stomach. The reason being that the glucose levels in your blood are low and the body starts to feed of the extra glucose you have taken on board from last nites pasta meal, basicly you are working off the excess glucose. The lads i train with do this every morning for 1 month previous to fight as it greatly reduces body fat.. just dont go overboard and train for 30 or 40 mins, ten to fifteen is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: workout on an empty stomach   workout on an empty stomach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

workout on an empty stomach
Page 1 of 1