Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge Set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean Ryan
Admin
Admin
Sean Ryan

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 am

As part of my training week i have added in a challenge day - a day when i really test my body and what it is capable of. I thought i would share with you some of the things i will be doing.

Deck of Cards
This workout is as hard as you make it. Get a pack of cards and make sure it is well shuffled. In a pack of cards you have Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, and Clubs. Each suit is a different exercise - there are so many combinations that this will always challenge you. For example:

Hearts: Push-ups
Diamonds: Sit-ups
Clubs: Pull-ups
Spades: Squats
Jokers: 50 burpees

Say the first card off the top of the deck is a 10 of clubs; this means that you have to do 10 pull-ups. Then pick your next card and continue until you have finished the deck. For me a Jack is worth 11, Queen is 12, King is 13, and Ace is 14.

Prison Burpees
Do 20 burpees, have a walk round the room, do 19 burpees, have a walk round the room, do 18 burpees, have a walk round the room,...........do 2 burpees, have a walk round the room, do 1 burpee, have a walk round the room.

In total if you start at 20 you would have done 210 burpees, if you start at 30 you would have done 465 burpees.

100 Burpee Challenge
Do 100 burpees as fast as possible. Work hard and try to progress to under 5mins - this is VERY hard to do and if you can do 100 in under 5 mins you are elite!

Warrior Challenge
This is a challenge set by a man named Ross Enamait. I would not try this until you know you are at a high level of fitness. This is one of the hardest tests i have seen and i am going to try it after the 16 weeks. It consists of:

500 Body weight squats
100 Push-ups
20 Pull-ups
15 One Leg squats per leg
50 Finger Push-ups
10 Handstand Push-ups
5 Minute Plank

This must be done continuously without a break inbetween sets. If you can pass this you can do anything in life, Never settle, go for the gusto! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://6paforum.forumotion.com
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 am

Nice post there, Sean.. I guess I will try the Prison workout when I'm done.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Café
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
Café

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 5:31 am

This is definitely worth a try, and I tend to try out that deck of cards, but to start off I'd only pick a chosen amount of cards, and maybe not the whole deck in one go.

as the weeks progress add more and more cards, for example start off at 10, then 15, then 20, etc.

we'll see how it goes and IF I find time to do any at all! ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://sixpacksherewecome.blogspot.com
Sean Ryan
Admin
Admin
Sean Ryan

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:00 am

Thats a good idea to start Café.

Just to shine some light on the Deck of Cards, if you choose to have a different exercise per suit then it will be 104 reps per suit. You can also do black being a exercise and red being a exercise; this way there is only 2 different exercises with 208 reps each.

Don't forget though, there is always time. The 100 burpee workout is intense BUT only takes around 10/12 minutes. Thats it. For a workout that you know you have worked very very hard to complete.

Sean
Back to top Go down
https://6paforum.forumotion.com
jamie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
jamie

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 am

I always do burpees with push-up. We call them lumber jacks where I train. Do you do them with the push-up component?

Another '100' idea is sprawls: from a standing position, kick your legs straight back falling to a flat push-up, then jump back to standing and immediately repeat.
Back to top Go down
http://jamiejjeimaj.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Challenge Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Set   Challenge Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge Set
Page 1 of 1