Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I stick to the calories recommended

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaceson
Jaceson

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Should I stick to the calories recommended Empty
PostSubject: Should I stick to the calories recommended   Should I stick to the calories recommended Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:46 pm

I was checking out a website last week where after entering some information it said that I should consume about 2300 calories a day to lose weight. The problem is that after a week I am still at 215. I have been following the rules about eating but feel like 2300 is to many. I know that we don't want our bodies to think we are starving but if I eat every couple of hours(meal replacement shake, Chicken and spinach, apples ect...) won't that tell my body that the food will keep coming even if it's not the full 2300 calories?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sickofthepounds.blogspot.com
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Should I stick to the calories recommended   Should I stick to the calories recommended Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:20 pm

2300 calories is just a guideline, it's a ball park figure that works for most people, u really have to experiment a little when it comes to calories. Keep playing around with it until you find the amount that works for you. Also test out different macronutrient ration i.e carbs : 45% protein : 35% and fat 20%

Sometimes just tweaking the ratios can make a huge difference when it comes to feeling full

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
Burgs

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Should I stick to the calories recommended   Should I stick to the calories recommended Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:44 am

The problem with restricting calories too much is that you start to starve the muscle and that has the opposite effect of what you want to accomplish. 2300 calories is not a lot of food, and if you're doing the workout and cardio you need everybit of that to maintain and build that muscle. Just make sure you're eating the correct foods, from everything I've read, that is honestly 80% of the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://neilburger.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I stick to the calories recommended   Should I stick to the calories recommended Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I stick to the calories recommended
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Diet and Nutrition :: Diet and Nutrition Discussion-
Jump to: