Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Targets for 2008

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean Ryan
Admin
Admin
Sean Ryan

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I have 3 main targets for the new year.

1. Make the SE Regional Championships in Swimming for the 50m and 100m Breaststroke.
This is a hard task as i need to improve my times by quite a few seconds. It can happen but i will need full dedication all year round.

2. Seriously improve my land conditioning in both resistance training and general conditioning.
I want to see a 100% improvement in all my lifting - at the moment i am not that strong (doing about 55kg 1RM on bench and the same for Squat) So an improvement here is nessessary. I would also like to complete the 100 burpee challenge as close to 5 minutes as possible.

3. Stick with an improved diet.
I have alot of trouble sticking with a athletes diet as i am not fond of the food. I would much rather eat junk all day long. Sticking to an improved diet will not only help me in the long run health wise but also improve my swimming performance.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://6paforum.forumotion.com
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: My personal targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:47 pm

1. First of all I've dedicated myself 100% to Arnel Ricafrancas 16-week-abs challenge. My goal is to complete with a great result, so I can reveal those killer abs for family, friends and last but not least, my wonderful girlfriend through a couple of years now, Camilla (the girl I'm with in the picture)

2. Stay fit and improve my stamina. I might consider joining a boxing club whenever I'm finished with the ab-challenge. If I'm not satisfied with my result after the 16 weeks, I will continue working on my abs before joining any boxing club.

3. Be that "happy" Danny-boy I used to be. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I refuse to keep looking in the mirror and think: "I used to look good in this. What the f*** happened?" - Most of all because I know the answer is too much beer and waaaay to much junk..

These are my goals. I think they are realistic and I will strive to archieve them. Very Happy

NO ONE CAN MAKE ME QUIT, NO ONE!!
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Thats the winning attitude that will produce the results your looking for and much much more. You can do it man, GO FOR GOLD!!

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 6:03 am

1. My main goal for 2008 is to give my 100% at college so i can finally get my Electronic Engineer degree. I've had so much trouble along the way, half being lazy, half because this is some hard sh*t. Anyways, i will give my best.

2. My second goal, but just as important as the first, is to do this with you guys. As some of you know, i did started this program in middle october but somewhere between week3 i decided to stop for several reasons that are irrelevant at this point. The thing is that i started this new year with my motivation and desire to better myself at 250% and im glad i found you guys so i dont have to go thro this alone.

Those are my main goals. I'll give all i have to archive them!

Sean: Your #1 goal its hard but its NOT impossible. Fight with all you have. give your 300% and be strong! You said it yourself: 'How long should you keep fighting for you dreams? Until.' Good luck bro. You have my full support.

Danny: I think your hardest its #3 and i believe thats the one you want the most. They are organized in the right order tho, first lets finish this challenge. I know we can do it 1 step at a time. By the end of it we will be stronger, healthier and more confident FOR SURE. So you will be a lot closer (if not there already) to your #3 goal. Keep it up man, lets do this!

Manny.- drunken
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks for the words, Manny, I really appreciate it.

For your goals I would like to express my admiration for putting your education 1st, cuz that's what's gonna put and keep food on the table every day for you and your family. I hope your pull through and let me (or us) know if there is anything we can do to make your tough days a little brighter. As for your second goal I know that we are gonna do this. Nothing can stop us!

Keep it up, champ!
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Here are my Targets/Goals for the next 16 Weeks, Im not a fan of just setting a goal for the year, even though i have a year goal I like to have short term goals of about a 16 week duration that then lead up to my main goal for the year. This way my mind is focused on completeing short term goals and doesn't get overpowered by one BIG goal that I must now find a way to complete.

1) Get below 5% bodyfat, in the first group i went from about 15% bodyfat to 8.8% so i want to shred it down to below 5% to get that ultimate 6 pack and then start bulking up

2) Stick to my meals plans that Ive made through lots of trial and error in my first 16 week journey

3) No alcohol, for the next 16 weeks I will try and consume zero alcohol, it's gonna be extremely tough with all my friends that drink but I love a challenge and I know with the correct attitude I can pull it off. Plus alcohol is just empty calories that add up fast when on a calorie deficit

4) Be the best that Steven Pearson can be!!
Back to top Go down
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Hey Steve, that's a very clever idea, to keep your goals on the 'do-able' area but still moving towards to your main year goal.

You did excelent on group 1 going from 15% to 8.8%. Even tho i didnt comment so frequently, i did checked your progress from time to time and that give's me enough info to say without hessitation that you will archieve your 5% bodyfat with no problems. To get there you have to do one simple thing and that is to keep working as good (and hard) as you have been doing all this time. You will be just fine man! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am

Thanks Manny for the support, it is greatly appreciated. I know that I will achieve my goals because I try to keep a positive attitude all the time and this group is great motivation and support. As for your goals, u can do it man, just do a little bit everyday and soon enough your goal will be completed.

Steve
Back to top Go down
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Stop smoking: I know I will gain some weight after that, so I'm postponing that to the Summer

Fight in the ring by Autumn: I'm picking up my routines again and before 2008 ends, I want to win with TKO (technical KO, let's do it in beaty, shall we? *grin*) in a semi-heavy weight fight thaibox.

Get that friggin' six pack Arnel keeps BS'ing about!!! So that my girl will stop druling over that faghat Sawyer (Lost) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steve
Steve

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:57 am

That's the spirit bro! You can achieve all those goals that you wrote down. Take daily action steps towards achieving them, have the winning attitude and you will great success in achieving those goals

Thoughts become Things!!
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Targets for 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targets for 2008   Targets for 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Targets for 2008
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Strength and Conditioning :: Strength and Conditioning Discussion-