Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....

Go down 
+3
Manny
Danny
SubZero
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SubZero
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
SubZero

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-10

What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Empty
PostSubject: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi! guys i am interested to know what interval training you are doing.
And how long you do your sessions, or if you do any extra. I am currently using an excercise bike and a rowing machine, they both work up a sweat but they seem a bit easy and not that challengeing with just 3 rounds.

Thanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22987376@N06/sets/72157603807495959
Danny
Danny

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Sup SubZero,

First of all, welcome aboard, it's nice to see that so many people are joining up! Smile

So far I've done 2 cardio workouts (day 2 and 4 in week 1). I started out with the treadmill and then today I moved on to the cross-trainer. I'm going to swim on Saturday. I will try to variate as much as I can, so that my body never knows what commin' at it, if you catch my drift.

I think, it was Steve or Sean, who told me, that you should never keep doing 1 or 2 things only, when it comes to the cardio workout. You should mix it up as much as you can, running, rowing, cross-training, swimming, bicycling, what ever makes your entire body moving and brings out your sweat will do.

I think, that you should follow Arnels advice and don't increase the amount of rounds before week 5, as your body will have to adjust to the radical change (if you've never been working out), that you're going through. If you have the possibility go to the gym and use the machines down there. Start warming up at 40% of your max, then go 2 mins at 75%-80% and then 1 minute for 110% (1 set), and start all over, without the warmup of course.

I hope this helps, Sub..

Stay classy, champ.. Wink

Danny
Back to top Go down
http://my6-pack-abs-journey.blogspot.com/
Manny
Manny

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Hey there Sub. Danny is right about changing your cardio workout from time to time. I really cant offer you any extra info on this because its been just 2 days of Cardio for me and all i did was running and rope jumping. By next week i will be getting a punching bag (like the one the boxing gyms have) and that will be part of my cardio rutine and i will also be swiming at college. Its all about getting your body to move anyways so just do stuff you enjoy and switch every once in a while.

Best of luck man. king
Back to top Go down
http://manny6pack.blogspot.com/
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Interval training or HIIT ( High Intensity Interval Training ) for is quite fun, i try and change the type of interval i do every week. For week 1 i did tabata training which is a mixture of jumping jacks, burpees, high knee drill and fast drill. I do this for 20mins. For Week 2 I think im gonna do some hill sprints, those really kill, but are an excellent interval workout.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
SubZero
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
SubZero

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Thanks!!!   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks!! Guy's

appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22987376@N06/sets/72157603807495959
jamie
Happy Camper
Happy Camper
jamie

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:37 am

My after resistance routine I try to run. Week 2 was hit and miss till I figured out that I needed to take a 3-5 min rest after the last superset. Yeah, I can be dense sometimes. Laughing It's looking like speed intervals will become my after resistance routine as it gets heart rate up without taxing muscles to a great degree.

On non resistance days I've been sticking with hill intervals and martial arts. I don't document my martial arts training in my blog but I do that Monday (self study/opponent training/teaching), Tuesday (class), and Thursday (class). Monday is a resistance day #2 for me.

I think martial arts balances out the repetition.
Back to top Go down
http://jamiejjeimaj.blogspot.com/
Jaceson
Jaceson

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Here is what I did today. I am watching my daughter because my wife works nites so I am confined to the house.
I hooked 2 30lb bodylastic bands to the door, grabbed the handles in my hands then backpedaled using quick choppy steps then going back forward using the same choppy steps. While doing this keep your arms tensed at 90 degree angles with your elbows locked at your sides.

I can tell you my heart rate got up to about 145 for the minute. If you are in better shape you could just add more resistance or incorporate a rowing motion as you go back and forth.

This is great if you can't get outside or don't have alot of room or stationary equipment.

jace
Back to top Go down
http://www.sickofthepounds.blogspot.com
KinKyJ
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type
KinKyJ

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Jamie is right with the martial arts, but it really depends on what you're doing though. When you go for high impact (boxing, thai/kick boxing for instance), you'll get better results than when you do say judo or buzikan.

The most important rule is that you do at least three cardio workout of at least 30mins per week minimum. After 30mins your body will start burning stored fat.

Watch out though: when your workout (high impact) takes longer than 45 to 60mins your body will go catabolic (basicly, your body will start breaking down muscles to get energy). In order to prevent that from happening you can take HMB an hour to two hours before your cardio.

I plan three two hour trainings thaiboxing per week and to prevent catabolism, I take HMB before the training and a serving of free amino acids directly after the training.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Steve

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Good stuff man, good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://steventwoscoops.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....   What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Interval Training do you do? swimming, running etc....
Page 1 of 1